Thank you for visiting Book Recs and Paperweights! And thank you for taking the time to consider me for a review!
What genres are I open to reviewing?
While I primarily read YA, I will also accept requests for the odd MG, NA, or Adult title. My favourite genres include:
- Science Fiction
- Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
I may also accept the rare contemporary, romance, literary, memoir, or erotica (this category is more of a miss for me, but I won’t reject them outright). I will also consider novellas, indie, or self-published books, granted they are one of the above genres. PLEASE NOTE: I will not accept nonfiction, poetry, short stories, horror, or mysteries (unless they’re a mystery/thriller).
What do my reviews include?
- Book cover
- Book title
- Author name
- Publisher information
- Publication date
- Number of pages
- Links for purchase or pre-order (Amazon.ca/.com, Barnes and Noble, Chapters/Indigo, Goodreads, Author website)
- An honest and thoughtful review (to be posted here and on my Goodreads account, with links on my Twitter account)
- My rating [1-5] [Recommended or Paperweight]
What formats do I accept?
While I would prefer a hard copy to review, I also have no qualms accepting e-books in kindle format. I am open to both Advanced Reader Copies and finished copies in paperback or hardcover.
What should you send me in your review request?
- Your name
- Your book title and cover (if possible)
- The synopsis and genre of your book
- The number of pages in your book
- A link to your website (if applicable)
- Your book’s release date
If you need the review posted by a certain date, please make sure to let me know! I will do my best to accommodate those dates, but please be aware that I am currently in school and that takes priority (as such, requests for late November to mid-December and late March to mid-April will likely need to be pushed back). Nevertheless, if I’m given enough advance notice, I will try my best to get reviews posted before the book’s release date.
Also, please note that I reserve the right to reject any request without explanation. If I do accept the request, I will review the book whether I finish it or not, but I cannot always promise timeliness, especially during the aforementioned academic periods.
- Please keep in mind that I’m a Canadian blogger! My spelling and grammar will always reflect this, and anything mailed to me will need to be shipped to my Canadian address
- I would love to participate in book tours, cover reveals, guest posts, author interviews, and giveaways!
- While you can find all my contact information on my “Contact” page, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org